The Changing the Chants programme will end with the organisation of national and international multiplier events and a final conference. The multiplier events have the goal to share and disseminate the documentary, compendium and guidelines with a relevant audience from the football world, such as grassroots organisations, professional clubs, national associations and policy makers. The goal of Changing the Chants is to deepen the understanding of approaches that football clubs can use to educate fans on antisemitic behaviour in the stands. And through the multiplier events and conference, the Changing the Chants consortiums aim to provide stakeholders with the tools and inspiration to start or improve their work on tackling antisemitism in football.
Changing the Chants Conference
The conference will be held from 31 August – 1 September 2021. The conference will be organised and held in cooperation with our partners from the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum and the International Youth Meeting Center in Oświęcim/Poland. A limited number of places for on-site participation are available. All sessions of the conference are also available online.
What to expect?
- Panel discussions on approaches to educational projects in football and the potential of education;
- Input on educational approaches and legal measures to combat antisemitism in sport;
- Presentation of the CtC results;
- On site program on the history of the former German concentration camp Auschwitz-Birkenau;
- Information on new initiatives and projects in order to advance own activities.
You can register your interest here. Deadline to register is 1 August 2021.